PRP FOR HAIR TREATMENT
Hair loss is one of the problems men have been trying to solve for centuries.
The fact that the Ebers Papyrus - the first known medical document in history - written in 1500 BC, contains formulas that can be used to treat hair loss is the greatest proof that humanity has been looking for a solution to hair loss for hundreds of years.
For example, the Roman ruler Julius Caesar who lived in the 100s BC tried various methods of treating baldness throughout his life. When none of them succeeded he began wearing a bay leaf crown to disguise baldness.
Fortunately, we don't need a bay leaf now.
In the treatment of hair loss, we have strengthened our position with methods that bring lasting results, such as hair transplant and procedures that improve hair quality, such as PRP and mesotherapy for hair.
Details you need to know about plasma therapy:
- PRP procedure is suitable for young people. Platelet-rich plasma treatment is used for people over 18 years of age with hair loss.
- PRP treatment provides successful results not only for men but also for women.
- It is an inexpensive method for people with hair loss. You can get information about PRP prices in our clinic.
- Be patient to see the results. It takes time to get a noticeable positive effect.
You may obtain detailed information about the hair loss process and its treatments:
You may find some of our before and after results, below;
What is PRP for hair? How is this procedure performed?
PRP treatment is the process of separating the therapeutic part of the blood taken in small amounts from the patient and introducing it into the patient’s skin by injection.
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma.
Platelets are microscopic blood cells that prevent blood loss in the event of a possible rupture or injury.
Platelets contain over 30 proteins called growth factors which are responsible for repairing, regenerating, and slowing down aging. These secreted proteins help revitalize hair follicles.
The most important of these growth factors that are naturally found in platelet-rich plasma are:
- PDGF (platelet growth factor)
- FGF (fibroblast growth factor)
- EGF (epidermal growth factor)
- TGF (transforming growth factor)
This reparative function of platelets which are separated by laboratory methods under sterile conditions and injected back into the skin helps slow or stop hair loss and increase the vitality of hair follicles.
What are the benefits of PRP for hair?
- Since the patient’s own blood cells are used there is practically no chance of an allergic reaction. This is a reliable procedure. The patient can return to work and daily routine immediately after the procedure.
- PRP strengthens and revitalizes weakened hair follicles under the skin.
- This is a procedure that nourishes the hair follicles, delays hair loss, and saves time compared to more radical methods such as surgery (hair transplant).
- When used as a supportive treatment after a hair transplant it helps the transplanted hair to take root in the skin.